Curried Home Fries Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, julienned
- leaves of 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 potato, diced (1cm)
- ¼ carrot, diced (1cm)
- 2 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup water (or stock)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Fry onions for 1 minute on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the garlic and rosemary, fry for another minute.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Push to spread the potatoes and carrots in a single layer on the pan.
- Add the water and place a lid over the pan. Leave for 5 minutes, or until the liquid completely evaporates, stirring once or twice throughout.
- Add butter. Leave to cook covered for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chives and remove from heat.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of chives.