Fruit-filled Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes|
- 350g wheat flour
- 5g yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- 80g butter
- 2 eggs, yolks only
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs, whites only
- 5 tbsp sugar
- In a small bowl mix milk, 1 spoon sugar and 1 spoon flour with yeast. Set aside in warm place and wait until the mixture rises and doubles.
- Sift the flour, add chopped butter, mix, add yolks and yeast mixture when it's ready.
- Knead uniform, smooth dough. Place it in fridge for 1 hour, until it doubles.
- Meanwhile, mix apple, pear, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- After 1 hour, roll out the dough, about 5mm thick.
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Cut out rectangles, place fruit mixture in the middle, lift all four tips up and pinch the end to form a "pouch".
- Whip eggs whites with a fork, brush each "pouch" with egg's whites and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until golden brown.