Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Cook Time: 4 hours 40 minutes|
- 1 layer chocolate cake/brownies
- 300g fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp fine sugar (or more)
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chocolate powder
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 150mL milk
- 1.5 cup whipping cream (30%)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Prepare the layer of cake/brownie and place it in your cake mold.
- Slice 1/2 of the strawberries in half, arranging them around your mold (touching, side-by-side, pointed ends up, with cut sides against the side of the mold).
- Place the remaining half of strawberries in the center. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and chocolate powder.
- In a small saucepan, add in the gelatin and milk. Heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour milk mixture into chocolate mixture and mix well. Place the bowl in cold water while mixing. Let cool and the mixture should become thick.
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until blended thoroughly.
- When done, pour it into your mold until it covers strawberries. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Decorate and serve.