Lemon Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
- ½ kg skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 100g sweet potato flour (or cornflour)
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 9 tbsp chicken stock (water)
- Cut the chicken into slices and place in a bowl.
- Add the rice wine, ginger, garlic and spring onion and toss lightly.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, or you can leave it overnight.
- Add egg into the mixture and then toss lightly in order to coat.
- Drain all the excess egg and coat the chicken pieces with the sweet potato flour.
- Fill a wok one quarter full of oil and heat.
- With a disposable wooden chopstick, test to see if the oil is at a suitable temperature for cooking by dipping a wooden disposable chopstick into the frying vat. If oil bubbles are observed around the immersed portion of the chopstick, proceed to add half the chicken, a piece at a time.
- Stir the pieces of chicken consistently for around 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces with a wire sieve or a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil. Repeat the procedure with the remaining pieces of chicken. Set aside.
- Mix together the lemon juice, salt, sugar, stock, sesame oil for dipping sauce. Serve along side the chicken fillets.