Caramelized Sweet Potato Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 500mL canola oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 2 tsp black sesame
- 4 tbsp sugar (white or brown)
- 50 ml water
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Then cut into ice cube size pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan, pour the oil in and put the heat on.
- Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown and place them on the kitchen towel to rid the excess oil.
- Meanwhile, put sugar and water into a small pan and bring the mixture to a boil until it becomes a caramel colour.
- Mix the potatoes in with caramel and gently toss.
- Finally sprinkle sesame and serve.