Potato Fritters Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 large onion, cut into rings and then cut in half
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled, deveined, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup water
- soy sauce
- garlic, crushed
- black pepper
- oil for frying
- 1, Grate the potatoes (using the big holes on the grater).
- Add the carrots, green onion, and onions. Mix everything together.
- Add the shrimp, flour, cornstarch, and water. Mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste (by this time you should have a thick but slighly runny, potato heavy batter)
- In a pan, heat up about an inch of oil (enough to almost cover the patty).
- Using a saucer or small plate form a little potato patty.
- When the oil gets hot, slide the patty into the oil.
- Cook until golden and dark brown.
- Prepare dipping sauce: 2:1 vinegar and soy sauce, crushed garlic, fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with rice.