Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 12 oz chicken breast, cut into cubes or strips
- 250g fettuccine (ortagiatelle, or other flat pasta)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped, white and green part separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives, roughly chopped
- 12 red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup single cream
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain (do not rinse). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sprinkle mushrooms with a little salt and saute in olive oil for about 5-6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add chili and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add Garlic and saute until garlic is golden.
- Add chicken pieces and saute until chicken is opaque and cooked through.
- Add cream and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the white part of the green onions, reserving the green for later.
- Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly. Add butter.
- As soon as the butter is melted. add pasta, tomatoes and olives and green onion tops.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with 1/8 cup Parmesan and parsley, and serve.