Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp honey (optional)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, leaving room for expansion; the mixture will bubble and grow.
- Stir to combine, it does not need to be perfectly smooth. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Pour 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter onto the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and bake until the waffle is golden brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with banana, honey or syrup and whipped cream.