Coconut-Mango-Macadamia Bark Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
Servings: 40 pieces
- 1lb bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with foil, shiny-side up; smooth out the creases.
- Chop the chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces with a large knife. Place all but 1 cup of the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, then stir with a rubber spatula. Continue microwaving and stirring at 30-second intervals until melted, 3 to 5 minutes total.
- Immediately add the reserved chopped chocolate to the bowl; stir vigorously until melted and shiny. Don't worry if there are a few small unmelted pieces.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet; use the rubber spatula to spread it into a 10-to-12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Press the coconut, macadamia nuts, mangoes and ginger into the chocolate, arranging them so each bite has a mix of flavors and textures.
- Let the bark harden completely at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.