Mini Meatball Sandies Recipe
Cook Time: 40 minutes|
Servings: 12 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup corn cereal, finely crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ketchup, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 pound 96% lean ground beef
- 12 (2 1/2-inch-diameter) sweet dinner rolls, halved
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cereal, parsley, egg, oil, 1 tbsp ketchup, cheese, salt, and pepper. Add the ground beef and gently stir to combine.
- With damp hands, roll the mixture into 12 mini meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Make an indentation in the center of the bottom half of a roll. Slice a meatball in half and put in the indentation.
- Add about 1 tsp ketchup to the meatballs and cover with the top half of the roll. Repeat with the remaining rolls and filling.