Cinnamon Teacake Recipe
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 10g butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/350-375 F, 10 minutes before baking. Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, essence, sugar & egg in a small bowl with electric mixer until light & fluffy; 5-10 minutes.
- Using wooden spoon, gently stir in sifted flour and milk. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Turn cake onto wire rack then turn top-side up; brush top with extra melted butter, sprinkle with combined cinnamon & extra sugar. Serve warm with butter, if desired.