Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Butterscotch Chip Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking. Line two baking sheets with parchment/baking paper.
- Whisk together the four, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the oats, and the butterscotch/chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for ~10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Rotate the baking sheets if you notice the bookies in the middle are baking faster