Pineapple Bread Pudding With Praline Recipe
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes|
- 14-16 slices bread (regular white bread)
- 500mL whipping cream
- 500mL thick cream
- 3-4 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds (or nuts), chopped
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
- To make praline, heat sugar in a non stick pan with 1-2 tbsp water, when it caramelises, add chopped nuts. Make sure the nuts are coated well with the caramel. Pour the praline onto a baking/parchment paper. Let it cool. Crush them using a rolling pin.
- Drain the syrup of the tinned pineapple completely and keep the syrup aside.
- Mix together water and sugar.
- Heat until the sugar dissolves and let it boil. Remove from fire. Let it cool completely.
- Add the reserved the syrup of the tinned pineapple to this and stir well.
- Beat together the whipping cream and thick cream, adding icing sugar gradually, using an electric beater, until it is doubled and creamy.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on the base of your pudding dish.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut each slice into four squares.
- Dip the bread in sugar and pineapple syrup and squeeze nicely. Make a layer of bread on top of cream, without any gap.
- Cover with another layer of cream. Sprinkle chopped pineapple and praline on top of that. Spread another layer of cream and continue layering. The top most layer should be of pineapple and praline.
- Layers: starting with cream, then bread, then cream, then pineapple & praline, then cream, then bread, then cream, then pineapple & praline.
- Refrigerate, minimum 3 hours.