Prawns Pasta Recipe
Cook Time: 45 minutes|
- 3 cups pasta (penne)
- 250g prawns, cleaned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 small capsicum, cubed
- 1 tbsp celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/5 - 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp cheese (mozzarella), grated
- Cook pasta as per package instructions and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. When it becomes soft (no need to become brown), add minced garlic and capsicum. Cook until the capsicum becomes soft.
- Add cleaned prawns, chopped celery, pepper and salt. Mix well, when prawns start changing colour add spring onion and cook until the prawns become tender.
- Melt butter in a pan and add the flour. Fry it for 4-5 minutes, until the raw smell of the flour goes and it starts changing colour.
- Add milk gradually and stir. Season the white sauce with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce becomes thick and has a smooth consistency. Make sure there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Generously grease a baking dish with butter. I used a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Spread the cooked pasta as the first layer. Top it with cooked prawns. Drizzle the white sauce on top of it. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and grated cheese as the final layer.
- Preheat the oven at 180C, 10 mins before baking. Bake the dish in the pre heated oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot with some bread and salad on the side.