Roast Salmon with Fennel, Orange & Thyme Recipe
Cook Time: 20 minutes|
- 2 salmon steaks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp root ginger, julienned
- 1 orange, halved
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Lay the salmon steaks on a greased baking tray.
- Make the marinade by mixing together the oil, honey, soy sauce, fennel seeds and ginger. Squeeze in the orange juice.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Slice the orange into slices and lay over the salmon and sprinkle over the thyme and a good pinch of salt.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until just cooked and slightly pink in the centre.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.