Charred Orange Sorbet Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes // refrigerate: 2 hours|
- 1 seedless orange
- 2/3 cup (2 tablespoons) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Grate orange peel. Set aside.
- Remove white pith from orange. Cut orange crosswise into 6 slices.
- Place oranges on foil-lined baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Cool orange slices then coarsely chop.
- Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar and reserved grated peel in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until well mixed.
- Add orange juice, coconut milk and half-and-half. Blend until sugar is dissolved. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in chopped orange.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until well chilled. Pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.