Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 15 minutes|
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, or finely chopped chocolate pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate, remove from the heat, and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate until it melts.
- Add the cream and incorporate completely. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Store in covered container in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.