Cranberry Jam Recipe
- 2 lb fresh cranberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 small (approximately 1/2 inch) trinidad moruga scorpion pepper
- Snip stem from scorpion pepper with the tip of scissor. Slice pepper in half vertically, carefully discard seeds (they can be snipped out with a scissor). Place a 1 cup measure with 1/4 cup water into microwave. Heat until boiling (around 1 minute.) Remove from microwave and place scorpion pepper in water. Cover with plastic wrap and steep 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and pick over cranberries, discarding stems and any soft berries. Place berries and sugar into a large heavy saucepan. Turn heat to medium high.
- Pour the water used to steep the pepper into the jam pot. Chop the pepper as finely as possible and add to jam pot.
- Cook jam around 15 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and most of the berries have burst. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly. Carefully blend 3/4 of the mixture in a blender until smooth, then return mixture to jam pot. Stir well, cook another 2 minutes.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and process in boiling water bath or pressure canner.