Grilled Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 35 minutes // marinate: 30 minutes|
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- lemon wedges, for serving
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable (or peanut) oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- To make the marinade/glaze, whisk together the honey, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- In a baking dish, resealable bag or container, marinate the chicken in the glaze for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil the chicken, medium heat, on both sides until the skin is crispy and juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 165F, about 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to burn the the chicken, the honey will char easily. Moving the chicken to a cooler part of the grill, if grilling, or moving the chicken further from the broiler, may be necessary.
- Serve chicken with a squeeze of lemon.