Kale Chips Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 4 large handfuls kale, torn into bite-sized pieces and tough stems removed (~1/3 lb)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt (or kosher salt)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the kale leaves into a salad spinner and spin all of the water out of the kale. Dump the water and repeat one or two times more just to make sure that the kale is extra dizzy and dry. Use a towel to blot any extra water on the leaves. Place the kale on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the kale leaves and toss and coat the leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 12-20 minutes until leaves are crisp. Take a peek at the 12 minute mark - the timing depends on how much olive oil you use; use a spatula or tongs to touch the leaves, if they are paper-thin crackly, the kale is done, if the leaves are still a bit soft, leave them in for another 2 minutes. Do not let the leaves turn brown, they'll be burnt and bitter.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve.