Kale Kumquat Salad Recipe
Cook Time: 5 minutes|
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar (or red wine, white wine vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb kale, chopped, tough stems discarded
- 1/2 lb arugula
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup kumquats, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Make the salad dressing by combining the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid (like a mason jar) and shake well to combine.
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Using massaging motion, rub the kale leaves together to break up and soften the kale.
- To serve, toss kale with some of the dressing (~1/4 cup of the dressing), nuts, mushrooms and kumquats.