Easy Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 40 minutes // refrigerate: 2 hours|
Servings: 36 big cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups flour
- royal icing
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar and add vanilla.
- Mix in sifted cornstarch and flour until well combined.
- Split soft dough in to 2 equal portions. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a lightly floured surface (or powdered sugar, as adding too much flour can make the cookies too dense) and roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out the desired shapes, then place them on baking sheet at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake 15-20 minutes; they should be lightly browned around the edges. Let cool, before icing!