Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes|
- 5-6 large russet potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup milk and/or cream
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp seasoning (salt, chili, cumin, garlic, onion, oregano powders)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel the cooked potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Coarsely mash with half the milk.
- Cut the bread into 1/2" cubes. Place in a separate bowl and pour remaining milk over them. Let soak for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet. Add the onion and celery and sauté over low heat. Onion should be lightly browned and celery should be tender.
- Combine vegetables with mashed potatoes. Stir in soaked bread and seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into oiled baking dish. Bake 50-60 minutes, until top is crusty golden brown.