Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 30 minutes|
- 2 oz Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cut in small cubes
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- whipped cream
- ice cream
Preheat oven to 425 F. Place rack in center position
Grease 2 ramekins with non-stick spray or butter.
Place butter and chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl. Whisk to combine. Mixture should be smooth.
Sift the sugar into the chocolate mixture then add the salt. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
Whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract.
Add the egg mixture into the chocolate. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
Sift the flour into the chocolate mixture and mix until ingredients are well combined.
Pour the batter into ramekins and bake for about 13-15 minutes, until edges are set and center is soft.
Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the ramekins. Optional: Dust cakes with powdered sugar and garnish cakes with whipped cream, ice cream, strawberries or raspberries.