Zesty Quinoa Salad
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add quinoa and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until water is completely absorbed and quinoa is tender (10-15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the cilantro; season with salt and black pepper and serve immediately or refrigerate.